You may have heard of Dude Perfect. They are 5 guys who have figured out to make crazy tricks shots and have fun for a living! Not bad, right? They are so good at what they do, they have one of the top 10 channels on YouTube. It all sounds really good.
But their real story is much deeper and much better. It is a story of goodness. A story of faith. Of friendship. Of hard work. Of being yourself. Of passion. Of giving back.
Dude Perfect is made up of 5 best friends who met while in college at Texas A&M University. Their names are Coby and Cory Cotton, Garrett Hilbert, Cody Jones, and Tyler Toney.
At college, they became friends through their love of sports and their faith. They enjoyed spending time with each other so much that they all became roommates.
One day, in their backyard, they started to bet sandwiches that they could make a trick basketball shot. They started to take video of their crazy shots. Within one week, the video received over 200,000 views! Soon, they received a call from the TV show Good Morning America who wanted to interview them.
Here is their first video. The one that started everything!
As Dude Perfect started to catch on, they started to attract star athletes to shoot videos with them. And companies, like Nerf, to sponsor them.
Despite all of their fame and success, they have never taken their eyes off of their bigger mission to spread good around the world. Their message of the power of faith and friendship is at the heart of what they do.
This video shows the history of Dude Perfect and the values that drive them:
And here is a great example of how they use their fame to do and spread good. This video shows how they invite children from the Make a Wish Foundation to be a “Dude for a Day”!
Dude Perfect’s tricks are so good that some people question whether they are real. Well they are. The secret is simply hard work and persistance. This video shows how they do what they do!
- Learn more about Dude Perfect’s background and accomplishments here on Wikipedia
- Check out other inspiring IMK stories and quotes about sports, about friendship and faith
- Watch other great IMK stories about children and adults that exhibit perseverance and passion
- Read IMK’s list great quotes for kids about hard work and doing your best
Topics for Discussion:
- Besides all of their tricks, what is most special about Dude Perfect?
- What character traits does Dude Perfect exhibit?
- What are some activities that you are passionate about? How often do you practice them?
- When do you try your hardest at something? What inspires you to do so? What is the result? How does it make you feel?
- Take a video of something you love to do. Have fun with it. Show it to your family. You never know!
- Think about a way you can use your talents to do good and spread good. Now go do it!