You may know of actor and comedian Kevin Hart from movies like Jumanji or Captain Underpants. He is becoming one of the world’s most famous celebrities. But it is not his fame that impresses us. It is his drive. It is his hard work. It is his desire to help others. And it is the lessons found in his success.
Kevin’s start in life was anything but famous. He grew up in North Philadephia, Pennsylvania in a home where his father was often not around or in jail. His family was poor and struggled. But his mom was a very hard worker and taught him the value and importance of setting goals, working hard and staying focused.
It was this great work ethic and discipline that helped Kevin to persevere in his career as a comedian and actor. And after years of hard work and letting his real self shine on stage, his career began to take off. He has recently been called the hardest working actor in show business.
Off the stage, Kevin applies the same focus and hard work to staying fit. He lost many friends and family members due to illness that could have been prevented by fitness. So he is inspired to not only stay fit himself, but to help others get in better shape!
He wakes up each day to workout at 5:30. And more recently he has started to include his fans along with him in staying fit. Check out this inspiring video from ESPN’s SC Featured to learn more about his story and how he is helping people around the world get into better shape!
Here is another inspiring video where Kevin talks about his focus on hard work:
- Learn more about Kevin’s background and accomplishments here on Wikipedia
- Watch other great IMK stories about children and adults that exhibit perseverance and passion
- Read IMK’s list great quotes for kids about hard work and doing your best
- Check out other inspiring IMK stories and quotes about sports
Topics for Discussion:
- What is most special about Kevin?
- What are some activities that you are passionate about? How often do you practice them?
- Are there people in your community that you could use your passion to help? Are there any organizations out there that use your passion to help others?
- When do you try your hardest at something? What inspires you to do so? What is the result? How does it make you feel?
- Talk about a person you know that always tries their best. Is there anything you can learn from them?
- Can you remember a story that you have read where the characters benefited from their hard work? Or how about a story where a character did not work hard?
- Choose one thing in your life where you are not doing your best and make a commitment to change this. Start doing it and see how it makes you feel.
- Work hard at something that matters to you. Find a cause that you care about, such as animals, and find something you can do to help. Click here for a great list of ideas to help animals from the ASPCA or here for ways to help the environment.