Chris Rosati was a father of two young girls. He had a very serious disease, ALS, that changed his life forever. But while some people might see their illness as a burden, Chris saw it as an opportunity. To change the world.
He wanted to see what one random act of kindness could do to change the world. He was testing “The Butterfly Effect” which is the idea that one good deed can inspire many others.
Chris gave $50 to two young girls in a restaurant one day in his hometown of Durham, North Carolina. He was not sure if anything would ever come from it. But then, several weeks later, he learned that they had used the money to help poor people in Africa!
And that was just the start! The Butterfly Effect caught on in a big way! Chris’s one action caused many good deeds to happen. Not just in North Carolina, but around the world!
Chris is a true inspiration and role model. Check out his super inspiring story below!
More recently, Chris passed away. He is another tribute to his amazing life and impact:
- Here is a link to the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation official website.
- Here is a blog that gives some great ideas for random acts of kindness.
Topics for Discussion:
- What do you think about The Butterfly Effect?
- What random act of kindness can you do right now?
- Do you think random acts of kindness can change people’s lives?
- Check out the Chores For Charity website to help you put earnings from your chores toward a good cause.
- Check out the Humane Teen website to help you find ways to do good works for animals.
- Check out the Volunteer Challenge website to help you find ways to be kind by volunteering.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.