Braylon O’Neill likes to do the same things that many other athletic 6 year old boys do. His is super active. He enjoys sports like baseball, gymnastics, swimming, golf and tennis. He also likes to run. The only thing different about Braylon is that he does all of this using two prosthetic (or artificial) legs!
Braylon was born with problems in his legs and had to have them removed. But he has never let this stop him. A few days after getting his new prosthetic legs, he was kicking a ball in the park!
Braylon is a very focused boy. He does not let obstacles get in his way. His spirit was recently celebrated on a commercial that aired during the Super Bowl. Now, at only 6 years old, his toughness and determination are inspiring millions of people around the world!
Check out this inspiring video that tell Braylon’s story:
- Check out other IMK stories about inspiring amputees
- Watch other great IMK stories about children and adults that exhibit perseverance
- Read some of our great quotes for kids about perseverance, diversity, hard work and perseverance
Topics for Discussion:
- How does Braylon’s attitude effect his life?
- What is one thing you want to try to do now that you have seen what Braylon can do?
- Think about a big goal that you have. It could be for school, for family, or any other important area of your life. Write it down, using this goal worksheet or create your own worksheet. Keep track of your progress, stick with it and reward yourself when you have completed it. Keep doing this and you will be surprised at how much you can achieve.
- Learn about the Challenge Athletes Foundation, International Child Amputee Network or the Special Olympics and talk to your teachers or parents about how you can help their cause.
- Consider holding a fundraiser to support the
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.