When 9-year-old Atticus Seng’s bike was stolen from a rack at his elementary school’s campus this past October, the last thing he thought was that it would happen for a second time — or that a group of teens would come the rescue.
In the surprise of his life, the Fresno, Calif. resident’s luck took an unexpected turn when he was presented by Fresno High School students with a brand new mountain bike. According to ABC 30 hearing about Seng’s bad luck, students went door-to-door of classrooms raising $360 to purchase an identical bike of the one that was originally snatched.
Clink on this link below to watch the heartwarming video:
Topics for Discussion:
- What character traits did the Fresno High School students exhibit?
- What inspired them to take action and help out a young boy?
- Why is it so important to do nice things for others?
- Look for an opportunity to turn a wrong into a right.
- Look for an important cause that can impact someone in a positive way.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.