Sometimes just finishing the race can be inspiring. That was the case with high school track runner Holland Reynolds! She literally had to muster up enough strength and courage to crawl over the finish line. In doing so, she secured a championship for her team. Her coach is battling ALS and says he’s using what Holland did in this race as his inspiration to fight his disease.
Here is a video that shows Holland’s amazing effort.
- Here is an article about Holland and her amazing effort.
Topics for Discussion:
- Why was it so important for Holland Reynolds to finish this race?
- What qualities did Holland show in finishing the race?
- When was the last time you thought about giving up on something, but didn’t? How did that feel?
- The next time you have difficulty reaching a goal, remember Holland’s inspirational act and keep persevering!
- Check out the ALS website to learn more about the disease and how you can help fight it!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.