Once upon a time, there was a cat named Henry and two dogs named Tink and Dolly, and they all lived happily together in Henry’s World…..
Although this may sound like the beginning of a fairy tale, these characters and their life together are very real. Henry is a cat who lives with his owner in La Jolla, California, and Tink and Dolly are two dogs who live there too. But they aren’t just any cat and dogs – Henry, Tink, and Dolly each have very special characteristics, and it is these qualities that make their story an inspirational one…..
Henry is a cat who has three legs – he lost one in an accident when he was young. Tink is a dog who is missing her two front legs. And Dolly? Well, she is physically healthy, but she suffered some emotional wounds when Henry first came to live with her. But today, these three amazing animals have overcome their difficulties and learned to live a fun, joyful life together. And because of this, they inspire others, animals and humans alike, to do the same!
In this video, Henry and his owner tell their amazing story!
Here’s a video that shows Henry in action!
- Visit the Henry’s World website to learn more about Henry, Tink and Dolly
- Here’s another IMK post about an animal that doesn’t let her disability get her down!
- Watch and read other IMK stories about inspiring animals
Topics for Discussion:
- Do you think Henry misses his fourth leg? Why or why not?
- What lesson can be learned from the positive attitudes of Henry, Tink, and Dolly?
- Visit the Henry’s World website to learn how you can bring them to your school or community!
- Visit the Disabled Animal website to learn more about these special animals and how you can help them!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.