This is the amazing story of how one person’s effort can make a huge impact on the world. Irena Sendler found a way to save 2,500 children from being killed in the Holocaust. Check out this video of students who were inspired to make a play about Irena and the impact she has had on their lives.
- Here is the website for Irena Sendler and Life in a Jar.
- Here is an article that tells Irena’s story.
- Here is another article about Irena.
Topics for Discussion:
- How did Irena get the children past the German guards? Where did they go from there?
- What qualities does Irena have that enabled her to risk her life smuggling children past the German guards of the Holocaust?
- Irena was just one person, but she managed to save the lives of 2,500 children! What good can you, one person, do for the world?
- Visit the Anne Frank website to learn more about the Holocaust through the eyes of a young teenager.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.