Steve Jobs was a man of boundless accomplishments. He co-founded Apple Computers and revolutionalized the computer world with his innovative creations. But incredible success wasn’t Steve Jobs’ only claim to fame. He was also an amazingly powerful speaker whose wisdom shone through despite his easygoing speaking style.
In the video and the additional resources below are some of Steve Jobs’ most memorable words – lessons that apply not only in the computer business, but in life as well!
12 Lessons Steve Jobs Taught Guy Kawasaki
- Here is an article that gives lessons from Steve Jobs.
- This commencement address by Steve Jobs, delivered on June 12, 2005, became an instant internet classic when it was released. It is still just as valid today.
Topics for Discussion:
- Which of Steve Jobs’ lessons means the most to you?
- Steve Jobs talked about being a “yardstick of quality”. What do you think that means?
- One of Steve Jobs’ quotes was “Do what you love.” So decide what you love and start doing it!
- Visit the Red website to learn about this group that Apple Computers supports and how you can help them.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.