On March 22 each year, the world marks an important occasion – World Water Day! This day serves as a reminder to all about just how crucial water is for the well-being of the world, both now and in the future. Right now, about 1 billion people on the planet live each day without clean water, and the negative effects of this are far-reaching. World Water Day seeks to raise awareness of the water problems the world currently faces and to encourage everyone to do what they can so that clean, safe water can be had by all!
This video describes the world’s current water crisis and what can be done about it.
- Here is a website that tells all about World Water Day!
- Here is the official video for World Water Day 2012.
- Why is water so important in our world?
- What would happen if you had no clean water? How would you get it? How would it make your life change?
- In honor of World Water Day, do your part! Conserve water, keep from wasting food, and talk to your family and friends about the importance of water in our world!
- Visit the Water Day website to learn more about World Water Day and what you can do to help this important cause!
- Check out this video from On the Leesh Productions for quick and easy ways you can conserve water!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.