Eight-year-old Timmy Tyrrell goes by the nickname “Mini”, but his heart and his dedication to helping others are anything but. When Mini learned that his friend Ella got cancer, he wanted to help, and he knew just what he could do…..
Mini loves go-kart racing, so he decided to take this passion and use it to raise money to help Ella as she battled her cancer. Thus the idea for Mini’s Mission: Burn Rubber to Help Another was born. Today, Mini has raised over $27,000 to help not only Ella, but many others with pediatric cancer as well!
This video shows just what Mini’s Mission is all about.
- Here is a website that tells about Mini and his amazing mission.
- Here is another website with lots of great information about Mini and his mission.
Topics for Discussion:
- When Mini started fundraising, do you think he had any idea how successful he’d be?
- What qualities does Mini have that made him able to be so dedicated to helping his friend?
- Mini took his passion and used it to help others. What passion do you have that you can use to help others?
- Visit the Mini’s Mission website to learn more about his great cause and how you can help support it!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.