After President Obama was elected in 2008, his wife Michelle wasted no time in getting to work on her own projects to help America be the best it can be. One of the primary tasks Michelle took on was the creation of a program called “Let’s Move”. This program, which is still at work today, seeks to reduce American childhood obesity and encourage kids and all people toward more active, healthy lifestyles.
Today, “Let’s Move” has already met with much success. It is changing the way many schools, retailers, and individuals approach food choices, and it is motivating American kids to get active! “Let’s Move” is well on its way, doing its part to create a happier and healthier future for America!
In this video, Michelle Obama describes what the “Let’s Move” program is all about.
- Here is the official website for “Let’s Move”, where you can learn more about this great program!
- Here is a video of Michelle Obama getting active in a fun way, dancing with Disney character Perry the Platypus!
Topics for Discussion:
- Do you like to eat healthy foods? Why are they so important?
- What do you like to do to get active?
- Be inspired by “Let’s Move” – start eating more healthy and getting more active today!
- Visit the Let’s Move Childcare website to learn how you can help the kids in your life get on the path to a healthy lifestyle!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.