If you had a year’s time that you could devote to anything in the world, what would it be? For one very special group of people, the answer is City Year. City Year is an organization that gives young people the opportunity to serve others in a major way. The people who take part in City Year devote a year of their lives to helping make the world a better place!
This video tells what City Year is all about.
- Here is an article that tells more about City Year.
- Here is a website with some interesting things about City Year.
Topics for Discussion:
- Who participates in City Year? What kind of things do they do?
- City Year believes that young people have the power to change the world. Do you agree?
- Can you commit time to serving others? You may not be able to give a year, but how about a month, or a week, or even a day?
- Visit the City Year website to learn more about this worthy effort and how you can get involved!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.