Tyrone Curry is a typical guy – he works as a school janitor, and after school he coaches the school’s track team. In one way though, Tyrone is not typical. You see, he is a millionaire, having won over $3 million in a state lottery. So Tyrone doesn’t have to work, but he does it anyway, because he loves working with the kids at his school. And when Tyrone won his millions, he showed just how much he really does love the kids at his school – he bought them a new track! This video tells Tyrone’s amazing story.
- Here is an article about Tyrone and his incredible gift to his school.
- Here is another article about Tyrone, his loyalty, and his generosity.
Topics for Discussion:
- Why did Tyrone keep on working even after he won his millions?
- Tyrone said that his gift to the school pales in comparison to what the kids give him. What do you think he means?
- Visit the Give Back Hollywood Foundation website to learn about celebrities who give to others and how you can help their causes.
- Visit the Learning to Give website to learn more about ways you can give to others!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.