Jennifer Zwilling is just your average young lady, and she wants to make sure everyone knows it. This is because Jennifer also has a disorder, one that many people don’t understand….
The disorder Jennifer has is Tourette Syndrome, and it is a condition whose symptoms many misinterpret as acts of inappropriate behavior. Because of this, Jennifer decided she wanted to educate other kids about the disorder so that they could understand and accept it better. Jennifer did so by establishing the Tourette Syndrome Association Youth Ambassador Program, and because of THIS she is anything but average!
In this video, Jennifer tells her amazing story.
- Here is an article in which Jennifer talks about her inspiring work.
- Here is another article about Jennifer and her work.
Topics for Discussion:
- What would it be like to have Tourette Syndrome? How would your life be different than it is now?
- Why does Jennifer want to educate people about Tourette Syndrome?
- Do you know someone who has Tourette Syndrome? Take the time to learn how the condition affects him or her.
- Visit the website for the Tourette Syndrome Association to learn more about this condition and how you can help support people with it.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.