When Emmanuel Kelly auditioned for the X Factor, he hoped the judges would like his singing, and they did! But not only were the judges moved by his singing, they were also moved by his incredible story. You see, the beginning of Emmanuel’s life was anything but positive……..as babies, he and his brother were abandoned in Iraq.
Emmanuel’s life turned around the day he met the woman he calls “Mum” – Moira Kelly. Moira came to the orphanage in Iraq where Emmanuel and his brother lived, and she brought the boys home with her to Australia and eventually adopted them!
This video shows Emmanuel as he performs his inspirational X Factor audition.
- Here is an article that tells about Emmanuel and his experience auditioning on the X Factor.
- Here is another video that tells Emmanuel’s amazing story.
Topics for Discussion:
- How do you think Emmanuel felt when he learned that Moira was going to adopt him and his brother?
- What do you think of Emmanuel’s singing?
- Emmanuel moved past his difficult beginning in life and went on to pursue his dream. Don’t let anything stop you from going for your own dream!
- Visit Moira Kelly’s Children First Foundation website to learn about this worthy organization and how you can help!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.