There once was an ice cream machine that just wanted to make people happy……..
It sounds like the beginning of a silly story, but this story is actually true! As part of a campaign called Share Happy, Unilever, the world’s largest ice cream manufacturer, had an ice cream vending machine designed that would dispense free ice cream just for a smile. Test machines made their debut in a few different cities, and the machines also made their mark – a happy one. In their own small way, these machines made the world just a little bit better!
This video tells the story of the Share Happy ice cream vending machine and shows it in action.
- Here is an article all about the Share Happy ice cream machine.
- Here is a video about another vending machine that wanted to “share happy”.
Topics for Discussion:
- What happened when people used the ice cream and soda machines in the videos?
- How easy was it for the ice cream and soda machines to get people to smile?
- Think of three simple things you can do today to help “share happy”.
- Visit the Random Acts of Kindness website for more ideas about how you can help “share happy”!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.