In China, there is an amazing group of dancers who stun audiences with their beautiful performances. But the most incredible thing about this group is that they perform their dances without being able to hear the music, because they are deaf!
This video tells the story of these unique dancers from the China Disabled People’s Performing Art Troupe.
- Here is an article about these dancers and their unique ability.
- Here is a video that shows the dancers in action.
Topics for Discussion:
- How are the dancers able to dance in time to the music?
- Have you ever overcome a limitation by finding a unique new way to do something?
- Visit the website for the China Disabled Persons’ Federation to learn more about how they help China’s disabled people and how you can help too!
- Visit the Help Deaf Kids Talk website to learn how you can help deaf children!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.