When the tragedy of a severe, life-changing injury happens, it is a devastating blow. But what if it happened not once but twice? This is exactly what happened to Brandon Sulser.
When Brandon was 12, a fall from a mountain bike left him with severe head injuries that made him have to relearn life’s basics. Then at 18, another tragic accident left him a quadriplegic. But amazingly, despite all of the hardship in his life, Brandon’s spirit is anything but broken. In fact, Brandon has embarked on a career in social work so he can help others with their problems!
This video shows just what it takes for Brandon to do the everyday activities so many of us take for granted.
- Here is an article that tells Brandon’s incredible story.
- Here is another article about Brandon and his tremendous determination.
Topics for Discussion:
- What things are you able to do that you take for granted?
- What qualities must Brandon have that make him able to get up and face each day despite his disability?
- Visit the website for Intermountain Medical Center, where Brandon currently works helping others, to learn how you can help support them!
- Visit the Spinal Cord Injury Zone website to learn more about quadriplegia, people who help, and what you can do to help.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.