Maggie Doyne is an 18-year-old girl from New Jersey. She set out to travel and learn about the world and herself. She came back a changed person, inspired to help the children she met along the way. Her mission, and now her life’s work, is to help Nepal’s most vulnerable residents, its orphaned and abandoned children. Here is the story of this remarkable young woman.
- Here is an article about Maggie and her amazing efforts.
- Here is another article that tells about Maggie and her efforts.
Topics for Discussion:
- Why did Maggie decide to leave her old life behind and live in Nepal?
- What qualities did Maggie show in wanting to help the children of Nepal?
- Visit the website for Maggie’s organization, blinknow, to learn more about the orphans in Nepal and how you can help them!
- Visit the Do Something website to learn more about Maggie’s efforts and to find out ways you can get involved!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.