Stephen Wampler is a man who has continuously pushed boundaries. Without the use of his legs, he utilized a cable system to pull himself up with his hands 20,000 times to reach the summit of El Capitan in Yosemite National Park! This video tells Stephen’s story.
- Here is an article about Steve and his fundraising efforts.
- Here is a video of Steve talking about his inspiration for climbing El Capitan.
Topics for Discussion:
- What would it be like to not have the use of your legs? What things in your life would be more diffcult?
- How do you think Stephen managed to persevere and get to the top of El Capitan?
- Visit the website for the Wampler Foundation to learn more about Steve’s organization and how you can get involved!
- Visit the 4 My Child website to learn more about cerebral palsy and how you can help people with this disease.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.