Terrence Williams is an NBA player for the New Jersey Nets. Recently, he learned a valuable lesson when he did a stint with the Nets D league affiliate. He was sent there as a punishment for being late to practice and meetings. Sometimes it’s easy to lose your perspective on how furtunate you are. But luckily for Terrence, he met someone who helped set him straight. Carlos Gonzalez Jr. is a 13-year-old ball boy for the Nets D league affiliate. He was there with advice for Terrence that proved to be invaluable. This video tells about Carlos and his encounter with Terrence. By the way, Carlos sure can dribble too!
- Here is an article about the inspirational conversation between Carlos and Terrence.
- Here is a website with some information about Terrence and his NBA success.
Topics for Discussion:
- How much confidence do you think it took for Carlos to say what he did to an NBA player?
- Have you ever taken anything for granted?
- How important is hard work when it comes to reaching your goals?
- Do you have a goal that you’re struggling to reach? Take a step back, get some perspective, and then do what you can to reach your goal!
- Do you know someone who is dealing with a problem? Offer your help, advice, etc. to the person, just like Carlos did for Terrence!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.