This is the story of Michael Pesci. He is a young baseball player with an incredible sense of charity and fairness. He and his buddy organize a homerun derby to raise money for various charities. Michael combines his love of baseball with his desire to help others less fortunate than himself.
- Here is an article about the work of Michael’s charity, Perfect Pitch.
Topics for Discussion:
- Do you believe that life is not always fair? What can you do to make it a little more fair for someone else?
- What does Michael mean when he says he wants to “level the playing field” for those less fortunate than him?
- Michael took a sport he loves and uses it to do good works. What sport or hobby can you use for good works?
- Check out Michael’s Perfect Pitch website to find out how you can get involved in helping others like he does!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.