Jourdan Urbach is a man with a goal. His goal is to positively change the lives of as many sick kids as possible. A gifted violinist, at age 7 he began visiting children’s hospitals hoping to make sick kids feel better. He saw the positive impact his music could have on other children. So he began holding benefit concerts to raise money for kids with brain illnesses.
Now Jourdan is 17 and a world famous violinist. He has raised well over $1 million dollars to benefit sick children. He is focused on inspiring others with musical talents to take action and help those in need. He has so many talents and possibilities for his own life, yet he puts so much focus on helping others. Here is a video in which Jourdan tells his story.
- Learn more about Jourdan and his “Children Helping Children” charity at this website.
- Here is an article about Jourdan.
Topics for Discussion:
- What is different about Jourdan?
- How is Jourdan making a difference in the world?
- Do you have a special talent? Use it to help someone in need!
- Check out the Hugs and Hope website for another way to help sick kids feel better!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.