By holding an Alex’s Lemonade Stand of your own, you can help fight childhood cancer, one cup at a time.
Alex’s Lemonade Stand provides a meaningful and fun way to make a difference in the lives of others. As Alex once said, “holding your own Alex’s Lemonade Stand is easy and fun!” It is also an inspiring way for caring people of all ages to support a cause dedicated to helping children everywhere.
Steps to holding your own Stand:
1. Pick a date. Participate in Lemonade Days in June of each year, or choose any other date that works for you.
2. Register your stand or event with the Alex’s Lemonade Stand website.
3. In the Alex’s Lemonade Stand website, read the “Hold Your Own Stand” packet and other resource materials.
4. Plan and hold your stand or event. Pick a location, make a list of supplies, and make a list of things to do. Start getting as many people involved as possible – they can help you plan, donate to your efforts and bring their friends to your stand.
6. Ask people to donate to your online fundraising page (you will create one when you register).
7. Send in your donations. Donations from your Alex’s Lemonade Stand or event must be sent to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, 333 E. Lancaster Avenue, #414, Wynnewood, PA 19096.
8. Thank your supporters. Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation will thank donors for whom you give contact information. However, a personal thank you from you to your stand donors is always a nice touch. The Alex’s Lemonade Stand website has a sample thank you letter in its resources section.
9. Be proud. Take pride in the fact that you have taken a stand and made a difference for children with cancer!
- For more information about holding an Alex’s Lemonade Stand, and to register your stand, visit the Alex’s Lemonade Stand website.
- Here’s a video that tells about Alex and her lemonade stands.
Topics for Discussion:
- What happened when Alex held her first lemonade stand?
- What are some other fun things you can do that can help others?<
- Now that you know how to hold an Alex’s Lemonade Stand, start planning!
- Vist the Alex’s Lemonade Stand website to learn more about kids’ cancer and other ways you can help.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.