Nick Wood is an inspirational teenager. He is homeless, but he doesn’t let his circumstances bring him down. In fact, he finds a way to thrive in a new school and environment. He does so with the help of a thoughtful football coach and because he wants to create a better life for himself.
- Here is an article that tells Nick’s story.
- Here is a video about teen homelessness and what one group is doing to help.
Topics for Discussion:
- What do you think it feels like to be homeless?
- Why is it so important to treat everyone with respect and dignity?
- What can you do to make a difference in the life of someone less fortunate than you?
- Check out the Do 1 Thing website to learn more about homeless youth and what you can do to help them!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.