It’s an unusual friendship…….a friendship between a dog and an elephant! The two couldn’t be more physically different. Yet they are the best of friends. The pair showed an amazing example of loyalty when Bella the elephant waited for Tarra the dog to recover from an injury. This video tells their story.
Topics for Discussion:
- How does your child react to someone who is different from them?
- How important is it to show loyalty to your friends in good times and bad?
- Think about the kids in your class who are different from you. Get to know one of them and you may find a great new friend!
- Check out the “making friends” page of the Children, Youth, and Women’s Health Service website to learn great tips for making new friends!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.