This is the story of John Bramblitt, a young man who lost his sight but found a new passion for painting. After he went blind, John overcame big obstacles to put his life back together. In painting he found the perfect way to show how he sees the world. This video tells John’s story.
- Check out John’s website!
- Here is a video about another blind painter.
Topics for Discussion:
- How do you think John was able to move forward with his life after losing his sight?
- John started painting to help him deal with the pain of losing his sight. What positive things can you do to help yourself when things get tough?
- Put a blindfold on for an hour. Try to do the things you normally do around the house and see how difficult some of them might be!
- When writing was no longer an option for John, he found a new way to pursue his dream of creative expression. When you encounter obstacles, find new ways to pursue your dreams, just like John did!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.