Wofford College president Ben Dunlap found inspiration in Sandor Teszler. Sandor was a Hungarian Holocaust survivor. He taught Ben about passionate living and lifelong learning. This video tells his story.
- Check out this website to read Sandor’s memoir!
- Check out the Wofford College website to learn about their Sandor Teszler Award!
Topics for Discussion:
- What were the most courageous actions Sandor Teszler took in his life? What would you have done in those situations?
- Where did Sandor show the most compassion?
- Why do you think Sandor still took classes well into his 80s?
- Sandor lived his life standing up for what was right even in adversity. Stand up for what YOU know is right, just like Sandor did!
- Sandor never got tired of learning new things. See if you can learn something new every day!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.