Bullying is a hot topic these days. And 10-year-old Jaylen Arnold wants to change the world by putting an end to childhood bullying.
Jaylen endured awful bullying when he transferred to a new school. So he decided to take a stand to help himself and others. He formed Jaylen’s Challenge, which gets commitments from teachers and students to eliminate bullying around the country. And Jaylen did this despite having both Tourette’s Syndrome and Asperger’s Syndrome!
This video tells Jaylen’s story.
- Here is an article about anti-bullying efforts.
- Here is another video showing a PSA that Jaylen did!
Topics for Discussion:
- Have you ever been bullied? How did it make you feel?
- Jaylen took a bad experience in his life and used it to do something positive. What bad experience in your life can you turn into something positive?
- Check out the Jaylen’s Challenge website!
- Check out the Stop Bullying Now website to learn how you can help stop bullying!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.